About Mars Hill Church Preschool
Mars Hill Presbyterian Church Preschool began in 2001 as a ministry committed to providing quality education in a loving Christian setting. Our goals are:
- To provide a positive, safe, happy environment where a child will be able to experience success.
- To provide hands-on leaning with a Bible/theme based curriculum through art, music, creative play, Bible stories and verses.
- To build skills for kindergarten readiness.
- To satisfy a child's need to find out, the need to belong, and the need to feel secure in God's plan for us.
- To foster the vision/mission of Mars Hill Church by:
- Bringing people in our community to Jesus through their children.
- Educating children about God's love.
- Ministering to our church and community through the children's programs.
- Having our children spread the good news of Jesus Christ to the community.
- Having our children worship together with their families and community.
Each class follows a schedule that includes time for music, movement, art, Bible stories, crafts, snacks, circle time, centers, outdoor play time and academic instruction. There is a school-wide theme, color and shape of the month. We use the Zoo-phonics academic curriculum, and our Bible education curriculum studies one Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23 ) per month. We have a student body of 50 and staff of 10. All staff members must pass a criminal background check and take classes in CPR and First Aid.
In general we follow the Cobb County Schools' schedule with a week later start date, 2 extra days for Christmas break and a week earlier end date.
Our Preschool Director is Jessica Pehel. You can contact her at 770-974-8481 or email@example.com
2020/2021 Classes Offered
- Zoo-phonics curriculum
- Fruit of the Spirit Bible curriculum
- Spanish for PreK students.
- Chapel once a month for three and four year old students
- Car line for arrival and pickup
- Large outdoor playground
- Large indoor multipurpose room for rainy day play and assemblies
- Class and individual pictures
- Two full-time teachers in each class
- Lunch bunch for two year old students. (There is an extra charge of $4 per lunch bunch. Students bring lunch from home and stay until 1pm)
- After school dance class for 3 & 4 year old students. (There is a separate fee for this class)
- After school Teams of Tomorrow class for 3 & 4 year old students (There is a separate fee for this class.)
Four Year Old PreK Class 2020/2021
Class Eligibility Days Reg. fee Tuition
2's, 2 Day 2 years on or before 9/1/20 Tu/Th $175 $175
3's, 3 Day 3 years on or before 9/1/20 M/Tu/Th $205 $205
3's, 4 Day 3 years on or before 9/1/20 M-Th $230 $230
PreK, 4 Day 4 years on or before 9/1/20 M-Th $230 $230
Three Year Old Classes 2020/2021
4 Day PreK:
Must be 4 years of age by September 1, 2019
Maximum class size is 12.
Classes meet from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday
Students bring a lunch from home every day to eat during school hours
Monthly tuition: $230
Non-refundable registration fee: $230
2-Year-Old Class, Tues./Thurs. 2020/2021
3 day, 3 year old class (3B):
4 day, 3 year old class (3A):
- Must be 3 years of age by September 1, 2019
- Maximum class size is 12
- Classes meet from 9am-1pm, Monday-Thursday
- Students bring lunch from home every day to eat during school hours
- Monthly tuition: $230
- Non-refundable registration fee: $230
School Start/End and Holidays 2019/2020
- Must be 24-35 months of age by September 1, 2020
- Maximum class size is 10
- Classes meet from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. on Mondays/Wednesdays
- Monthly tuition: $175
- Non-refundable registration fee: $175
- Optional lunch bunch from 12:00-1:00pm. There is an extra charge of $4 per lunch bunch. Students bring lunch from home.
Registration Papers and Handbook for 2020/2021 School year
2019/2020 School Year:
- August 8th: Parent Orientation, 6:30pm
- August 9th: Meet and Greet, 10:00am and 11:00am
- August 12th: First Day of Preschool
- August 28th: Early Release at 11:50am
- September 2nd: No School, Labor Day Holiday
- September 23rd-26th: No School, Fall Break
- October 10th: Early Release at 11:50am
- October 14th-17th: Early Release at 11:50am
- November 5th: No School, Election Day
- November 25th-28th: No School, Thanksgiving Break
- December 18th-January 2nd: No School, Christmas Break
- January 6th: Return to Preschool for second semester
- January 20th: No School, MLKJr. Holiday
- February 17th-20th: No School, Winter Break
- March 11th: Early Release at 11:50am
- April 6th-9th: No School, Spring Break
- May 14th: Last Day of Preschool, PreK Graduation at 7pm